In a world where everything is so fast-paced and big picture oriented, it’s easy to take for granted things that bring joy into my life. No matter how much effort I put into embracing the special day-to-day moments of life, I will admit that, I often overlook these joyous moments, and focus solely on the negative events.
I think it’s important to take the time to slow down, and reflect. So, in an effort to embrace the joys in my life, I am writing this list – 20 things that make me happy. Here we go:
- My family (especially seeing them after it’s been a while).
- Moments with my husband Rob – because of a million and one reasons.
- #Bestieday with my favorite friends. Mainly when it involves food and some sort of alcoholic beverage…but really, we could be doing literally nothing, and I’d still be in heaven.
- SLEEP. I’m somewhat of a bed-aholic. After a long day, my bed feels like heaven. Or waking up in the middle of the night, and realizing I can still sleep for a few more hours.
- Rainy or snowy days when I don’t have to leave bed — or my house.
- Daylight Savings Time. I love coming home when the sun is still out. It feels like summer is so much closer.
- The first warm days in Spring when I can go out without a winter coat and feel comfortable.
- Trying new food. (Big up to chef Rob for being an adventurous cook).
- Visiting home. The part when the plane touches down at the airport is literally the best feeling.
- Cheesecake that’s the perfect texture and sweetness.
- Hot tea. I seriously drink tea all day. For a while I was addicted to David’s Tea, but my fave right now is a more herbal tea – lemon and ginger.
- Tidal music. All my favorite artists and new ones are just a stream away.
- #TalkThursdays – Usually my theme for Thursdays because my favorite podcasts come out (The Read, and the Brilliant Idiots)
- Helping someone or some group in need, whether it’s by a financial or time donation. The feeling of playing some beneficial role is priceless.
- Travelling to new places. Rob and I are planning an exciting vacation this year.
- A warm day at the beach, when it’s not overly crowded, and the temperature of the water is just right.
- Pay day. (yassss!)
- Peanut butter.
- A glass of cabernet after a long day.
- Date night.
- That feeling when all my creative juices are flowing, and I’m coming up with new ideas for a project.
What are the things that make you happy?