As a new member of the short hair club, I find myself daily in awe of how easier life is without hair. It feels like pre-cut, I was living in the upside down (Stranger Things reference), and didn’t even know it. Now I finally made my way into the real world, and it’s like you mean to tell me wash day doesn’t have take up an entire day? Like I can wash my hair, and then be completely done with said hair within like five minutes?
Yes, Diane that was my reaction too. What type of blasphemy is this short hair business? It seems too good to be true.
Here are five reasons why short hair is actually the MVP.
- Maintenance is a breeze. My daily routine consists of brushing it with oil and gel, and putting on a du-rag before I go to sleep.
- Wash day turns into wash minutes. I wash and condition my hair in like five minutes during my shower. Days and/or weekends that used to be dedicated to getting that hair together are now freed up for…well, life. I think this one deserves a praise break — because my lord.
Won’t he do it.
Ok, back to the list.
- Less products needed means less money spent on buying products. Goodbye to days of being a product junkie, and buying every product a YouTube guru says is their holy grail. Cut yo’ hair, and save yo’ money, girlllll.
- Short hair means you can experiment with different colors without worrying about damaging your hair. Your ends are cut off so frequently, so you’re generally processing virgin hair every time you try a new color.
- You have more freedom to do things without worrying about your hair. This means you can jump into that pool, or go to the beach randomly without it being a whole ordeal.
At this rate, I don’t see myself trying to grow back my hair for a longggg time. Sayonara upside down world!